On this diet, you will eat 4 times a day. Lunch and dinner will be a combination of a protein and vegetable. You will also be allowed 2 fruit snacks to be eaten at times other than mealtime while you are on the HCG diet from One Stop Wellness Clinic in Edina, MN.
1. Proteins: 3 ½ ounces twice a day. Preferably lunch & dinner. Meats should be baked, broiled, or grilled. No added fats or oils are allowed.
The Best Protein Choices: Chicken Breast (no skin), Shrimp, Crab, Lobster, Sea Bass, Cod, Flounder, Grouper, Haddock, Monkfish, Northern Pike, Ocean Perch, Orange Roughy, Pike, Pollock, Snapper, Sole, Tarpon, Tilapia, Whiting. Beef (Bottom Round, Flank Steak, Rib Roast, Top Sirloin), Veal (Leg or Shank). No Ground Meats.
Protein allowed after the first 21 days: (Do not eat meat from this category for both meals in one day) Scallops, Dolphin, Mahi Mahi, Herring, Salmon, Tuna, Beef (T-Bone, Ribeye, NY Strip, Tenderloin), Turkey Breast (no skin). Boar’s Head Roast Beef, Chicken Breast, Ovengold Turkey. Our protein bars/shakes can be substituted in a pinch if necessary.
Protein substitution for meat: You can substitute one large egg (white and yolk) plus the whites of 3 additional large eggs as a protein source. If you are over 200 pounds, then add one additional entire large egg to this. In place of eggs, 100gm lowfat cottage cheese is allowed.
2. Vegetables: 3 ½ ounces twice a day. Preferably lunch & dinner. Only select vegetables from this list should be eaten raw, or steamed. After the 21st day on the diet, vegetables can be grilled or stir-fried using a small spray of cooking oil. Although it is best to eat one type of vegetable per meal, mixing of vegetables in a serving is allowed if they are all on the list.
The Best Vegetable Choices: Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Asparagus, Celery, Cucumber, Zucchini, Spinach, Chicory, Chard, Beet-Greens, Squash, Tomatoes, Onions, Cabbage, Fennel, Radishes.
Other vegetables allowed but with drawbacks: Lettuce (Romaine is preferred). Lettuce is mostly water and often begs for added dressings and toppings to make a traditional salad. Use peppers, cucumber, and tomatoes to make the salad heartier. Green beans contain a little more sugar than the vegetables above. These are OK but never more than once a day.
3. Fruits: One fruit serving twice daily. The best time to eat your fruit is mid-afternoon and in the evening a couple of hours after supper. Fruit should be medium-sized, not the largest one they sell!
The Best Fruit Choices: Apple, Orange, ½ Grapefruit, Peach, Clementine, Tangerine, Blueberries, Strawberries, Cranberries. (Serving size for berries is 1 Cup)
• Water: must be consumed throughout the day (at least 64 ounces daily).
• Diet drinks: Must be zero calorie and a maximum of 2 per day. A 12 ounce serving of Crystal Light would be considered one diet drink.
• Coffee, Tea: Up to 24 ounces a day (three, 8-ounce cups). You may use up to 1 Tbsp of lowfat milk per day. Non-dairy creamer is not allowed.
5. Spices and Seasonings: Seasoning your food is very important for variety in this diet.
• All powdered seasonings are allowed, including salt. Combination seasonings are not allowed if they contain sugar.
• 1 Tbsp. of the following is allowed: vinegar, lemon juice, lime juice.
• Artificial sweeteners are allowed but should be consumed as little as possible since they support sugar addiction pathways.
• Stevia is allowed in any amount. Other sweeteners with more than 0 calories per serving are not allowed. These may contain sugar alcohols